Shotgun Range » Range Rules & Safety
- Long gun shooters under 18 years of age must have parental approval and be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times while on the range.
- Be sure that your firearm is safe to operate and know how to operate it safely. Always keep your firearm unloaded, your finger off of the trigger and pointed in a safe direction until ready to shoot. Never hand a loaded firearm to another person.
- Use only the correct ammunition for your firearm. If you have any questions, please consult a Range Officer.
- No inexperienced shooters are allowed on any of the ranges without prior instruction, coaching, and approval of the Range Officer.
- Alcoholic beverages are prohibited on the property.
- Individuals displaying the effects of, or thought to be under the influence of, drugs or alcohol will be prohibited from using any of the ranges.
- Children must not be left unattended.
- Food and beverages are prohibited on the indoor ranges.
- Range officers are authorized to remove any shooter whose behavior is detrimental to the safe operations of any of the ranges. Commands issued by any Range Officer must be followed immediately.
- If unsafe behavior is noticed, then please make sure that the Range Officer is notified of such action immediately.
- Please read and understand the Range Rules and Regulations before you proceed to any of the ranges. Please ask any of the Range Officers for clarification if you have any questions.
OUTDOOR RANGE RULES
- Always keep the action of your gun OPEN when walking to the range and in between the shooting stations. Only move with an unloaded gun with the action open.
- Eye and ear protection must be worn at all times on the outdoor ranges.
- Never shoot on a field when an orange cone is on top of the trap house or when a skeet house door is open.
- Do not load your gun until it is your turn to shoot. Unload immediately if a Range Officer tells you to do so or if you or another shooter has a malfunction.
- Make certain that you are loading the proper ammunition. No ammunition faster than 1290 fps with 1-1/8 ounces of 7-1/2 shot is permitted. Also, do not mix ammunition in your pockets or shell bag.
- Only load ONE (1) shell at a time on the trap field. You may load two shells only when on the skeet or 5-stand fields, or when shooting trap doubles. Any exceptions must be cleared with the Range Officer prior to shooting.
- Keep the muzzle pointed in the air or downrange at all times. Never sweep the muzzle to the right or left toward other shooters.
- Always place firearms in the gun racks when not shooting. Never lay your gun on the ground or put the muzzle in the grass or dirt.
- You are not allowed to pass a gun to another person while on the firing line. If you are sharing a gun, then each shooter must shoot his complete round of trap or skeet and then pass the unloaded gun to the next person.
- Follow the Range Officer's directions immediately. Arguing or unsportsmanlike behavior will cause you to be removed from the range and denied future shooting privileges.